You can support BJNC through your involvement in one of the following committtees. Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Finance Committee is responsible for developing and reviewing fiscal procedures, fundraising plans, and the annual budget with the Executive Director and the Board. The Finance Committee shall be responsible for ensuring that all fiscal policies and procedures of the Board are followed.
- The Membership Committee develops plans and strategies to recruit new members and is responsible for retention of current membership through renewals. Committee will have an active presence at all special events of the organization and works with other committees where appropriate to generate memberships.
- Merchandising Committee
The Merchandising Committee is responsible for the planning and promotion of sales by presenting product, determining hours of operation, inventory, and staffing of the store. Committee will work with other committees in determining a budget and methodology for tracking inventory, sales, and participation at special events.
- Marketing/Public Relations
This committee will develop and oversee implementation of a Marketing Plan for the organization which will identify potential markets, the needs of those markets, how to meet those needs with programs, events, products, services and the promotion of same. The Committee plans how to best promote the organization to the community and enhance the organization's public presence and is responsible for the timely promotion of all special events of the organization.
- Resource Development Committee:
- This committee develops and recommends for board approval the Corporate Membership/Sponsorship program for the organization. The committee works closely with the Marketing Committee in the advertising and promotion of these corporate opportunities.
- The Education Committee is responsible for establishing the year’s calendar of classes and educational programming (including exhibits and public programs) and for planning, coordinating, and implementing those activities.
- Naturally Sweet
- The committee is responsible for the planning and execution of the BJNCO's annual fundraiser.
- ADDITIONAL COMMITTEES
- Butterfly Garden
- Bird on the Run
Become a member and enjoy exclusive events and help us protect our ecosystem.
Volunteer at the
Bob Jones Nature Center and Preserve.
News from the Nature Center
NBC 5 aired a story on Talk Street about Bob Jones and the Nature Center in celebration of Black History Month on Saturday, Feb. 23 at 5:00 PM.
Here's a link to the related print story.
BJNC announces the hiring of
Teresa Moss for Executive Director. Check out the press release.
Learn more about upcoming
and ongoing events.